We have carefully selected mulberry silk (绢) options for art creation. These painting materials derived from the most ancient styles, but now with the technological advances have been made easier and finer to use. The Silk used for painting is similar to the Xuan Rice Paper, there are differences between the ripe and raw styles. For Gongbi paintings, ripe silk is recommended (the water and ink will not be absorbed into the silk thanks to an additional layer of Gelatin Alum mixture), whereas for any other type of artistic creation the raw silk will be fine.
- Ripe or Raw silk for painting and Chinese calligraphy
- Ripe Option Size: 36cm / 56cm / 90cm wide, medium thickness (transparency effect see example)
- Raw Option Size: 90cm wide, extra thick
- Minimum 1 meter long
- For 90cm wide option, we will fold it (as few folds as possible) for the international shipping (because some countries restrict the package size)
- Color: White / Dark Brown
Please note the price is for each additional meter.