Traditional paper cutter designed to cut Xuan rice paper. The Xuan rice paper requires knives that are a little dull, which can flatten the paper before making the cut, so therefore the super sharp blades are counteractive. The blade options include bamboo, wooden and bone – they each have unique advantages and shortcomings:
- Bamboo: fine blades, can make neat and clean cuts. Bamboo however does not like climates that are either too moist or too dry;
- Wooden: rosewood, durable, but the cut is less neat than the bamboo;
- Bone: ox bone, cut-wise is somewhat in between the two above, but the price is higher.
Please refer to the photos and see which option (length, width, cuts) suits you the best.
- The bamboo option have 3 sizes/shapes to choose from;
- The wooden option comes in a cloth bag;
- The bone option comes in a box.
There are no reviews yet.