This piece of painting is a great example of the symbolism in the Oriental art world. Persimmons (“shi” sound in Chinese, the same sound as “everything”) and waxwing birds (“tai ping” bird in Chinese, sounds the same as “safe”), forms a beautiful blessing together – wishing for safe and security in everything that we do, in every aspect of life – 事事平安. This painting is painted in the Gongbi painting style, besides its long history and great reputation, it is also highly decorative.
- Original Brush Painting over Rice Paper, Gongbi Style
- Hand mounted and framed (color: walnut brown)
- Size: 40cm x 40cm x 3,8cm / 16”x16”x1.5”
- It contains the seal from the artist
- Frame: pine wood, MDF backboard, no glass, ready to hang (nails included)
💕 Hand-mounted and then framed, the mounting process is a traditional Chinese technique which enhances the integrity of the rice paper. It is a 24-hour process.