Seals are must have for any artist that paints in the oriental style. Normally an oriental artist needs one or more name seal and a few leisure seals. A seal can accompany us for a lifetime, and an art piece once sealed takes on a much lively spirit! It is important to have decent seals, so if you value an artwork then our advise is to refrain from machine carved seals.
- Style: Yin (white lines) or Yang (red lines) style. Please see examples!
- Size: the seal sizes in this link are between 1cm – 2.5cm, which contains the most common sizes. For any other sizes contact us directly!
- Stone: we use the most commonly accepted stones (Qingtian 青田石, Shoushan 寿山石, Balin 巴林石, etc.) for the seal carving, they are known for their price-quality in making seals. The natural colors of these stones are generally light green, yellowish, or a bit red, please understand that the color is random. The height of each stone may have variations, but generally around 4-8cm.
About Name Seal
- Usually composes of 2-3 characters, the 4 characters normally contain the last character that means “seal”. Need help choosing your Chinese name? Contact us directly for advice!
- Size: eventually you should have several sizes to match various sizes of your artworks, but generally we suggest 1cm – 2.5cm.
- Shape: The name seals in the Chinese society is generally square, whereas the Japanese ones are round.
- Decoration: personal preference, we offer animal decorations on the square stones, unfortunately they do not exist on the round ones. The animals mainly involve ancient animals (including stone lions) and the 12 animals of the zodiac. For a pair of seals we also have the dragon-phoenix option.
How This Works
- After confirming the characters the seals will immediately be processed
- The handwork takes about 5 days and you will receive (an) image(s) of the seal. After your approval the shipment will be made asap
- Gift box complementary
- If you have chosen Zodiac seals please tell us which animal you would like in the order note!
There are no reviews yet.