This is an absolute beginner level course, we will start from familiarizing with the basic materials to holding a brush before learning how to paint with 2 brushes in 1 hand in a nice traditional way. If you have experience with the Gongbi painting, please feel free to check out our advanced level course!
- Estimated Time: 6-month access, 20 lessons * +/-90 min, 3*60 min 1-1 live sessions
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Categories: Gongbi Style, Painting, Recorded Courses
- Complimentary: 3 one-on-one sessions * 60 minutes/session (on appointment, during course duration)
Course Content & Objective
- Familiarize with the materials and brush holding techniques of specific to the Gongbi style
- Learn how to draw outlines with a brush and different shades of ink
- Paint various images, starting from the simple flowers and then move on to insects, fruits and small animals
- Learn the meanings of some imagery and related cultural aspects
- Learn and complete 8 single small flower paintings and 5 medium sized paintings with a complete scene
During the course duration of 6 months, you have 3 one-on-one online sessions with the teacher to discuss your progress and questions regarding your Gongbi painting practice. If you would like to have this direct interaction with the teacher, please remember to make an appointment!